Monday, March 28, 2016

[English] Orleans Prologue

Translator: Sajyou Manaka
Editor: Aister

Once upon a time in a dark castle, there was a woman standing in front of a magic circle. The woman was wearing a black armor, and letting out a dark aura that would suffocate anyone who dared to come close to her.

The woman: Hear me now.

The woman: Thou art nothing before me, merely my swords of fate. In accordance with the Holy Grail’s coming, thou shalt follow to the letter these rules and ideals.

The woman: Here I swear it. I am one who will spread All the World’s Evils.

The woman: And yet, these eyes of mine shall sow chaos amongst you who serve me. Rage with the frenzy of a captive prisoner. I am the one who holds your chains.

The woman: Thou who art clad in the three great verses of the seven heavens, rise from the circle of restraint, thou who would protect the balance--!

The man: Oooohhh…!

The magic circle glowed up in response to the woman's chant. In that light, several Servants appeared.

The woman: Well met. Servants. I am your new Master.

The woman: Do you understand why I have summoned you? Destruction and slaughter. Those are your orders from me.

The woman: If there be towns making merry, destroy them to your hearts’ content. If there exist towns singing the praises of Spring, trample them underfoot as you please.

The woman: No matter how wicked you are, no matter how cruel you are, God will forgive everything, won’t he?

The woman: If you become a form of God’s divine punishment, then in that case there won’t be any problems.

The woman: This is just God’s reality, and this is nothing more than a way of proving his love exists.

The woman: Now then, Gilles. Bring me to him.

Gilles: Yes, immediately.

The woman: You haven't shown you true colors yet, have you, Gilles?

Gilles: Of course. Though, have you thought about what you are going to do?

The woman: ------.

Gilles: Hoho. Will my humble ideas be required?

The woman: Ahh, why yes, I’m troubled, and you noticed just for me.

The woman: ----tch, don’t be a fool. If you always act this idiotic I’ll just kill you, Gilles.

The woman: When you stop to eat, do you stop to think “Hmm, how do I use a fork today”? Do you think about everything you do?

The woman: It’s the same here. What are you going to do? There’s no point to think on such trifles.

The group followed Gilles inside a hall, where an old man was trembling in fear.

The old man: W, what is it? What in the blazes are you people doing here…..!?

The old man: Answer me! Answ – hiii!?

The woman: Ahh, Pierre! Bishop Pierre Cauchon! Fancy meeting you here!

The woman: I, Jeanne D’arc, have not forgotten your face!

Pierre Cauchon: Impossible. Impossible, impossible, impossible, impossible…!

Pierre Cauchon: Y, y, y, you – Jeanne D’arc!? Completely impossible! Unthinkable!

Pierre Cauchon: You died three days ago! You were supposed to be killed! Y-

Jeanne Alter: I was supposed to burn in hell, was I not? Perhaps, bishop, perhaps.

Pierre Cauchon: This is a dream. A nightmare. Things like this don’t happen outside nightmares…!

Gilles: My, my, he’s trying to escape from reality now. That’s no good, now. He’s not being careful.

Pierre was quickly dragged and tied to a pole.

Pierre Cauchon: Gyaaaaa!? Hii, hii, hi……!

Jeanne Alter: What will you do now, bishop!?

Jeanne Alter: This is where you accused Jeanne D’arc of heresy, is it not?

Jeanne Alter: Grasping a cross and praying to God?

Jeanne Alter: It was fine to abuse me, ridicule me, trample me, was it not? The wicked Jeanne D’arc is here now!

Jeanne Alter: Are you not going to roar like a brave lion once more!? Come, do it, do it!

Pierre Cauchon: He—

Jeanne Alter: He-?

Pierre Cauchon: He-lp. Help me please.

Pierre Cauchon: Someone, anyone. Help me please, please….!

Jeanne Alter: ----ha. Ahahahaha! Hey, can you hear him, Gilles?

Jeanne Alter: “Help me please, help me please”! From the great bishop who bound me, who sneered at me, who burned me alive!

Jeanne Alter: Look how worthless and pathetic he is now!

Jeanne Alter: I could kill him like an insect, this great bishop begging for his life before my eyes!

Jeanne Alter: Ahh---such sorrowful weeping is ending, it seems. Well, it seems like there’s nothing else to wait for.

Jeanne Alter: Your faith, like so much mere paper, will not reach the master of heaven. Such beliefs, flimsy as a feather, shall not take root on earth.

Jeanne Alter: You will lose the God you so cling to, for you have come to beg to me, the witch you once so looked down upon, leaving your belief behind.

Jeanne Alter: I understand, oh great bishop. Of course, now you too have evidence of heresy against you.

Jeanne Alter: That makes me sad, so sad that it seems like I’ve already gone crazy laughing!

Jeanne Alter: Hey. You remember, right, bishop? You’ve dealt with heresy sentences before, so you should be well aware what the punishment is.

Pierre Cauchon: …..!?

Realizing what was going to happen to him, Pierre quickly broke into tears.

Pierre Cauchon: No…no, no, no!! Help…help, me…..!

Jeanne Alter: Hard luck. We’re all out of help today. The church’s indulgences won’t help you this time.

Jeanne Alter: Now—we’ll begin at the feet. Just the way I was roasted by sacred flame.

Jeanne Alter: You can burn with love in the flames of hell, you bastard.

Pierre Cauchon: Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa---!!

The fire quickly consumed the old man. His scream was abruptedly replaced by the cracking sound of burning wood.

Jeanne Alter: ….not a trace of that scum left. What a waste of time. I’m sorry, Gilles.

Gilles: What are you saying? This and everything else of yours has meaning. Anyhow, what of the surviving clergymen?

Jeanne Alter: Ahh, yes. Interrogating them one at a time is such a bother. Let them serve as feed.

Jeanne Alter: Rejoice, my lowly servants! The surviving clergymen are yours!

Jeanne Alter: Your Master, Jeanne D’arc, will allow everything.

Jeanne Alter: Devour their souls. Bite and tear their flesh to shreds.

Jeanne Alter: Partake of their blood like so much hot and cold water. Drink as surely as if we were manifestations of Dracula!

Jeanne Alter: I have on sole order. Purge this country, known as France, of its faults.

Jeanne Alter: Reap and rampage. Start with my old favorite, Orleans.

Jeanne Alter: Then spread along the earth and return the fertile lands of Spring to wasteland.

Jeanne Alter: Do not discriminate between men and women, young and old. Do not differentiate between pagans and believers. Each and every person much be slaughtered equally.

Jeanne Alter: This is the sole order that your Master sends you off with.

Jeanne Alter: For this purpose, I will grant all of you the benefits of Berserkers.

Jeanne Alter: Whether you be saints, whether you be heroes. Let your broken hearts dance!

Jeanne Alter: Berserk Saber.

Jeanne Alter: Berserk Archer.

Jeanne Alter: Berserk Lancer.

Jeanne Alter: Berserk Rider.

Jeanne Alter: Berserk Caster.

Jeanne Alter: Berserk Assassin.

Jeanne Alter: And the ones who summoned you Berserkers, I myself.

Jeanne Alter: As this world’s Ruler, I will pass judgment upon all. As there is no proof of God’s love, humanity no longer has a reason to exist.

Jeanne Alter: ---the guilt is astounding. Everyone, good and bad, is equally guilty.

Jeanne Alter: Now go, and kill each and every last one of them! Not even a single escapee will be tolerated!

Gilles: Oh…ohhhh…! Such strong words…! She speaks no lies, merely truths!

Gilles: This patriotic saint! God has confirmed it, each and every person must realize that she can be truly nothing but a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiint!

Gilles: You’ve returned…my light…you truly live again, Jeanne!

Gilles: Then once more I will stand and rise as your general! First of all, an emblem…our army requires a standard!

Gilles: Jeanne, what design shall we publish? A demon, perhaps, or---

Jeanne Alter: Let us make it a dragon. Whether by luck or necessity, many of our summons this time around bear some connection to dragons.

Jeanne Alter: With the calamitous standard of a wicked dragon, we will utterly burn this world to nothing.

Jeanne Alter: Ah, yes, while you’re at it, I have one more order. Let us laugh. From the bottom of our hearts, let us enjoy ourselves!

Jeanne Alter: Fu…fufu. Ah, ahaha---hahahahaha! Ahahahahaha!!!

Jeanne Alter: This is so much fun! It’s wonderful, Gilles! For the first time in my life, I’m having fun!

Gilles: Ehhhhhhh, is that so? That’s how it should be. That is excellent to hear.

Gilles: Everyone raised you up, everyone hoisted your flag, everyone used you, and everyone abandoned you—

Gilles: And because of this you are just. No matter who, no matter what. Your true feelings will judge all, will they not…?

Meanwhile, in modern day Japan, our protagonist was still sleeping soundly.

Four: Fou….? Kyu, fuuuuu….?

….Good morning, Four …what is this, a bad dream….

Four: Myuu, Foooooour! Kyuuuuuukyuuuuuuu!

Mashu: Good morning, senpai. I’m going to brief y-kyaa!?

Four quickly ran towards Mashu, and jumped at her face.

Four: Kyuuuu…..

Mashu: I’m sorry, Four-san, please don’t do that…though I’m glad to see you so full of energy this morning.

Mashu: You too, senpai. Did you sleep well last night?

Sound asleep I didn’t sleep very well…

Mashu: That’s good to hear. I’d say falling asleep like that is a good skill to have.

Mashu: By the way, you woke up just in time for the briefing. Let’s hurry.

Mashu: ….maybe it was a problem with using a bed instead of a tatami…that was my fault. I’ll figure something out for next time.

Mashu: Anyhow, the doctor’s briefing is about to start. Let’s forget about your sleepiness and straighten up now.

The party walked to the Chaldea, where Dr. Roman had already been waiting.

Dr. Roman: Good morning, . Did you sleep well?

Dr. Roman: Well then, let the briefing commence.

Dr. Roman: First of all…ah, yes. I’ll explain what you two must do again.

Dr. Roman: First, you must investigate and fix the time singularities. Those changed times that were almost certainly humanity’s turning points.

Dr. Roman: In fact, if we do not, human history will definitely reach a final “disaster” of sorts.

Dr. Roman: You must leap back to those times, investigate and clarify the issues, and revise them without fail.

Dr. Roman: Otherwise 2016 will never arrive. 2015 will be the end of humanity.

Dr. Roman: This is our first purpose. This is our greatest principle, the foundation of all our strategies from here on out.

Dr. Roman: Then, onto our tactics’ second purpose. This would be the investigation of these “Holy Grails.”

Dr. Roman: While merely conjecture, it seems likely that these Grails have something to do with the outbreak of time singularities.

Dr. Roman: These “Holy Grails” are the kind that grant wishes with magic. They are imbued with great power, though…

Dr. Roman: Probably, if someone like Rev got their hands on the Grail, they’d abuse its powers horribly, wouldn’t they?

Dr. Roman: Perhaps I should say that without the Grail, time travel and history altering would be impossible. Truly.

Dr. Roman: Anyhow, while investigating the singularities, always keep an eye out for information on the Grails.

Dr. Roman: If you put history back on its correct course, that time period’s Grail should end up back where it started.

Dr. Roman: We could say that your mission is thus to obtain the Grail, or destroy it, if need be.

Dr. Roman: These are the two main points of our operation. …is this good enough?

I understand perfectly Sorry, one more time…

Dr. Roman: First, you must investigate and fix the time singularities. Those changed times that were almost certainly humanity’s turning points.

Dr. Roman: In fact, if we do not, human history will definitely reach a final “disaster” of sorts.

Dr. Roman: You must leap back to those times, investigate and clarify the issues, and revise them without fail.

Dr. Roman: Otherwise 2016 will never arrive. 2015 will be the end of humanity.

Dr. Roman: This is our first purpose. This is our greatest principle, the foundation of all our strategies from here on out.

Dr. Roman: Then, onto our tactics’ second purpose. This would be the investigation of these “Holy Grails.”

Dr. Roman: While merely conjecture, it seems likely that these Grails have something to do with the outbreak of time singularities.

Dr. Roman: These “Holy Grails” are the kind that grant wishes with magic. They are imbued with great power, though…

Dr. Roman: Probably, if someone like Rev got their hands on the Grail, they’d abuse its powers horribly, wouldn’t they?

Dr. Roman: Perhaps I should say that without the Grail, time travel and history altering would be impossible. Truly.

Dr. Roman: Anyhow, while investigating the singularities, always keep an eye out for information on the Grails.

Dr. Roman: If you put history back on its correct course, that time period’s Grail should end up back where it started.

Dr. Roman: We could say that your mission is thus to obtain the Grail, or destroy it, if need be.

Dr. Roman: These are the two main points of our operation. …is this good enough?

I understand perfectly Sorry, one more time…

Dr. Roman: Mm, excellent.

Dr. Roman: It can’t be helped, eh. This time, pay close attention?

Dr. Roman: ….now then, besides your mission, there’s one more thing.

Dr. Roman: Though I wouldn’t say it’s too big a deal. It’s something for after you rayshift.

Dr. Roman: I want you to track down some leylines and set up a summoning circle. You know, like in Fuyuki?

Dr. Roman: Our communication methods will have to be a little different than in Fuyuki, but we’ll manage somehow…

Dr. Roman: In order to transfer supplies, the summoning circle is absolutely necessary.

Dr. Roman: Like last time, Mashu’s Noble Phantasm will serve as the catalyst to active the circle.

Dr. Roman: After that, you can freely summon Servants as needed.

Dr. Roman: Perhaps you might end up summoning Servants closely tied to that time period.

Dr. Roman: I figure that should strengthen your fighting capability. Do you understand?

Mashu: ….understood. If nothing else, our first priority will be to establish a base camp.

Mashu: It will be necessary to find a place that gives peace of mind, with a roof, a home to return to….eh, Master?

Ah, I’ll be relying on you Yes. Those are good ideas, Mashu

Mashu: H-hearing you say such things really gets me fired up.

Mashu: I may be a rookie Servant, but please leave it to me. I’ll keep trying!

Four: Kyuu!

Dr. Roman: Yep, yep, that obedience, that taciturn nature, that earnest consideration…Mashu’s becoming quite a good girl….

???: Oy, you worthless layabouts. How long are you going to keep me waiting?

Dr. Roman: Oops, right, about that. I was busy until just now, so I forgot.

Dr. Roman: An introduction for you, . He…err, her…that…err, it….

Dr. Roman: Gaah. Anyways, there before you is the pride of Chaldea’s tech department, Leonardo.

Dr. Roman: As you can tell, they aren’t just any normal person. Naturally not an ordinary person. Maybe I should explain in more detail.

Dr. Roman: The reason is, of course---

Mashu: …they’re a Servant. Senpai, be careful. This woman is a Servant too!

Da Vinci: Ding-ding, that’s right~♪ The special consultant of Chaldea’s tech department, known as Leonardo.

Da Vinci: The one greatly praised during the Renaissance, the all-purpose inventor, the one and only Leonardo da Vinci!

Da Vinci: Yes, you may call me Da Vinci-chan if you like. Fitting for such a pretty onee-san, hmm?

Ehh…onee-san…? Da Vinci-chan…..

Mashu: But this is strange. It’s weird. It’s completely wrong! I mean, Leonardo Da Vinci was a man—

Da Vinci: You shouldn’t trust everything you hear. Besides, is it really that important?

Da Vinci: To be honest, man or woman, no one really cared back when I first started talking anyways, seriously.

Da Vinci: I am researching beauty. Scientific inventions and the arts are one and the same! I am doing all of this for the sake of the ideal embodiment of beauty!

Da Vinci: And my ideal beauty is the Mona Lisa. And then---look. Becoming this was only natural, right?

Four: Fou…

Dr. Roman: Ehhh, I’m basically a scholar too, but even I can’t really understand your theories here…

Dr. Roman: I mean, you love the Mona Lisa, but becoming the Mona Lisa yourself…that’s a rather twisted transformation.

Da Vinci: Fufufu. I wonder about that, Dr. Roman.

Da Vinci: When it comes to civilization and perfection, anything goes. I want to become a bishoujo! Does this wish not become normal?

Dr. Roman: You say that, but what time period of Heroic Spirit are you from again?

Da Vinci: The times of a genius are irrelevant, doctor. You would do well to remember that as well, .

Da Vinci: From here on out, observe any artist Servant you meet. Without fail, all of them will be wonderfully eccentric people!

Dr. Roman: Seriously…! Ah, but really, making such a prediction like that…!

Mashu: I see. I still have absolutely no idea what’s going on, but thank you for the advice, Da Vinci-chan.

Da Vinci: Yes, yes. Mashu is just as good as understanding things as always. And with that, my introduction is complete.

Da Vinci: From here on out I’ll mostly be offering support goods, development, and things like Heroic Spirit contract enhancements as back up for you.

Da Vinci: I’m Chaldea’s summoned Servant, after all. I can’t just skip to every time like Mashu does with you.

Da Vinci: But if makes an official contract with me, it might be a different story.

Da Vinci: When that time comes, I’ll be able to help you in the role of another of your mere Servants. I look forwards to that fate, Master.

Dr. Roman: ….he seriously just gave a self-introduction and left. However, we have gone sidetrack, let's get back to the topic at hand, shall we?

Dr. Roman: My apologies, but we really don’t have any more time to lose. I’m going to begin preparing to rayshift you at once, is that ok?

Of course. Let’s go. …guess it can’t be helped, huh

Dr. Roman: This time, , your official coffin has been prepared. Rayshifting will be as quick and fast as it’s supposed to normally be.

Dr. Roman: We’ve observed seven time singularities. This time we’ve selected a time period with small tremors.

Dr. Roman: Once you start heading to the other side, I won’t be able to contact you like this anymore.

Dr. Roman: Do you understand? As I said before, the first task is to set up a base camp and find some leylines.

Dr. Roman: You’ll have to do whatever you need to deal with that time period. Then, mate, I’ll be praying for your success, .

Announcer: Unsummon program start. Beginning leyline conversion.

Announcer: Rayshift beginning in 3, 2, 1…

Announcer: Operation cleared. Beginning Grand Order.

No comments:

Post a Comment